How does commercial or construction companies apply for temporary water?

Fire Hydrants
The right to gain access to and draw water from fire hydrants is restricted to:
(a) our agents or authorized user;
(b) fire service personnel; and
(c) fire hydrant permit holders during the period for which the permit has
been issued.
We may remove and hold any equipment used by an offender to gain access to or draw water from a fire hydrant.
The applicant is responsible for providing all the equipment necessary to connect to the fire hydrant meter, including:
A fire hydrant standpipe, valve key and hoses. Equipment will not be available from the Water Department (Only Fire Hydrant Meter will be provided).

All hoses and fittings used must be in good condition. Any water wastage reported from excessively leaking hoses and/or fittings may result in the cancellation of this permit.

Fire hydrants must be turned on an off very slowly to prevent pressure surges developing in the pipes (water hammer) which could cause the pipes to burst. A closing or opening time of two minutes (minimum) is desirable. The applicant shall be held responsible for the cost of any repairs of damage caused by the incorrect operation of a fire hydrant valve.
In the event that the fire hydrant fails to operate correctly or will not shut off drip tight, please contact The City of Levelland Water Department at 806-894-0113 ext 249 immediately for repair.

The applicant shall also be held responsible for any third party damage that occurs whilst the fire hydrant is in use. In this regard (for example), the applicant should erect suitable signs and barriers etc. to warn vehicles and pedestrians of the obstruction or danger (hazard).
The applicant must ensure that no contamination of the water main occur while the hydrant is being used. The hydrant should be used in such a manner that no contaminant enters either the hose or the hydrant. For example, hose ends should be kept out of any mud. In any situation where there is a high risk of contamination (example water pressure testing of the wastewater network special procedures may be required).
TCEQ§290.44(h) Backflow, siphonage.
TCEQ§290.44(h)(1) No water connection from any public drinking water supply system shall be allowed to any residence or establishment where an actual or potential contamination hazard exists unless the public water facilities are protected from contamination.
A false declaration, grossly inaccurate water estimates, or other actions which risk the safety and
integrity of the water supply system shall result in immediate cancellation of this Permit and may result in prosecution.

Show All Answers

1. Where can I pay my water bill?
2. How do I set up water service for my home or rental property?
3. How do I request service for my business?
4. How do I disconnect service at home?
5. How do I disconnect my service at my business?
6. Who do I call if I have questions about my water service?
7. When is my bill considered delinquent?
8. What if I am having trouble paying my bill?
9. How does commercial or construction companies apply for temporary water?