Become a Volunteer Firefighter
To become a Levelland Volunteer Firefighter you must meet all of the following requirements.
- Must be 21 year of age or older
- Hold a high school diploma or GED
- Reside within a 10 minute drive of the Fire Department
- Driving at a speed not exceeding posted speed limits
- Have a satisfactory driving record
- Have a satisfactory criminal background
- Meet the health and physical criteria for members of the Fire Department
- A physical will be required with acceptance of application
- Demonstrate a willingness to support the objectives and purposes of the Volunteer Fire Department
- Demonstrate a willingness to actively participate in the training and operations of the Volunteer Fire Department
- Comply with the Volunteer Fire Department's attendance and training requirements.
If You Meet the Requirements
If you meet all of the requirements to become a volunteer firefighter, please come by the Levelland Fire Department located at 502 Avenue F and pick up an application packet that will contain the following.
- Job and physical requirements
- Copy of the Volunteer Fire Department Bylaws
- Criminal history report release form
- Driver's record release form
- Application Information Fill out Form
Application Process will require you to read the job bylaws and all requirements. If there is nothing in those that you cannot do or that you disagree with you may contact the Fire Department for further information in regards to the concern. Then fill out the release forms and the entire application packet needs to be returned to the Fire Department. The release forms will be sent to the appropriate agencies.
- You will then need to be interviewed by the membership committee. You will be called and informed of the next regular meeting of the committee. After the interview, the committee will make a recommendation to the Fire Chief. If the recommendation is favorable and the Chief and City Manager agree, the applicant will be required to contact the City Secretary to set up a drug test and physical that is required for all fire volunteers (men and woman are welcomed). When the result of those test come back, the applicant will then be a member of the Levelland Volunteer Fire Department and equipment will be issued.
For Further Questions or Concerns:
502 Avenue F
Levelland, TX 79336
Ph: (806) 894-3155